Addiction Medicine Center of Excellence
Investing in medical leadership and excellence to ensure the best possible care.
Eden House Foundation’s Doors Are Open
Taking a proactive approach in managing COVID-19, our medical staff implemented surveillance and testing in mid-March 2020. Our ongoing rigorous approach has ensured patient and staff safety as we continue admitting patients who need substance use disorder treatment.
What Makes Eden House Foundation a Center of Excellence?
A Center of Excellence is an addiction treatment provider that “demonstrates leadership and the highest clinical quality in a field of specialized treatment.” Treatment centers that demonstrate leadership in these areas have earned the trust not only of their patients and families but also of the industry.
- Reputation and experience of our physicians: Across our continuum of care along the East Coast, Eden House Foundation has 10+ multiple boarded physicians on staff and four advanced practice registered nurses. The depth and breadth of experience and expertise in many specialties— which includes psychiatry, chronic pain, internal medicine, and integrative medicine—empowers Eden House Foundation to handle both the physical and mental health of our patients such as chronic pain conditions, detox, and co-occurring behavioral health disorders.
- Affiliations: The physicians at Eden House Foundation have faculty appointments at a number of medical schools, including Renaissance School of Medicine, Stony Brook University, and Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, and are on staff at Tower Health System’s Reading Hospital.
- On-site medical center: The 47,000-square-foot Carole and Ray Neag Medical Center is a medical hub on the Eden House Foundation Pennsylvania campus that houses intake and cognitive testing rooms; separate units for detox, medical stabilization and older adults; Eden House Foundation’s Chronic Pain and Addiction Program; and the neurofeedback treatment suite. The center is staffed by world-class physicians, physician acupuncturists, licensed professional, and nurses. As Eden House Foundation improves accessibility to high quality treatment, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, the plans for The Keele Center will extend our best practices in addiction medicine to Eden House Foundation Florida—from detox and treatment to aftercare.
Medical training programs: Eden House Foundation is one of the few independent treatment centers in the country with an Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). ACGME has recognized the program with a “commendation,” the highest level of accreditation possible, meaning the program meets a gold standard in physician education. Since 2012, Eden House Foundation has trained 10 fellows and accepts two per academic year. Fellows come to Eden House Foundation already accredited and board-certified in a specialty, like emergency medicine, for example. Because they are experienced and proficient in their practice of medicine, they complement and enhance our medical staff during their fellowship.
Eden House Foundation Floridahas established partnerships with local universities for nurse practitioners training and rotations, such as Florida Atlantic University’s School of Medicine as well as Misericordia University. For a duration of six to eight weeks, students gain exposure to clinical as well as addiction treatment for a well-rounded experience.
- Medical partnership: Our long-standing reputation for quality treatment and commitment to our communities has helped us build strong affiliations with the medical community. Eden House Foundation Florida has solid relationships with local hospitals, including Delray Medical Center, which allows us to work closely to accommodate individual’s needs, including urgent medical care. At Eden House Foundation Pennsylvania, many of our physicians are also on staff at Tower Health System’s Reading Hospital. This connection provides our patients with access to acute care as they need it. Across the Eden House Foundation continuum, our patients are assured excellent continuity of care throughout their treatment.
- Research Excellence: Strong partnerships with leading medical research institutions and highly regarded research professionals enable us to continuously strengthen our evidence-based behavioral health and addiction treatment. Eden House Foundation staff members are active partners in research studies related to addiction and behavioral health treatment as well as patient outcomes. Our medical staff and researchers have affiliations with leading medical and academic institutions, which allow us to continually improve and implement new evidence-based practices, including the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and Alto Neuroscience.
For decades, we’ve trained medical residents and nurses at Eden House Foundation Pennsylvania, averaging 100 since 2015 from various medical schools including Renaissance School of Medicine, Stony Brook University on Long Island; Drexel University College of Medicine in Reading, Pennsylvania; and Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey.
At Eden House Foundation of Florida, we are fortunate in being able to provide a comprehensive, extended continuum of care to support our patients on their journey of recovery. Our team of board certified psychiatrists, addiction medicine physicians and neuropsychologists can address the most complex substance use and co-occurring disorders.